Dakota Gas' products are transported via truck, rail, and pipeline to service its customers. Although not all modes of transportation are available for each product line, Dakota Gas continues to add transportation options to accommodate its customer's individual accommodations, timeline, and preferences.
- Dakota Gas owns 148 pressure railcars for anhydrous ammonia shipments.
- Dakota Gas owns 25 covered hopper cars for Dak Sul 45® shipments.
- Dakota Gas leases several hundred pressure and general purpose cars for a variety of product movements.
- Dakota Gas has six anhydrous ammonia and one Dak Sul 45® truck loading station for efficient truck load out.
- Dakota Gas is an 8-time award winner of the BNSF Stewardship Award and one-time winner of the UP Pinnacle Award for rail shippers that have zero non-accidental releases (NARs) in a given year.
- Dakota Gas is a member of the highly respected RideTight program.
- Trucking companies must agree to hazardous and nonhazardous material contracts which define standards of safety and security, including but not limited to, HazMat certification, HazMat Safety Permit (HMSP), enroute security plans, and proof of insurance.