Dakota Gas is a workforce of more than 700 employees at the Great Plains Synfuels Plant near Beulah, ND, and Basin Electric Headquarters in Bismarck, ND. Many are shift workers - engineers and maintenance professionals who keep the gasification plant and other facilities running 24/7, supported by a highly skilled team of administrative professionals.
Dakota Gas believes in investing in people. Join the Dakota Gas and Basin Electric family.
Basin Electric is member owned and member driven. Every employee at Basin Electric works toward a common goal - to serve our members by listening to them and working in their best interest. We invest in our communities and the people who power them.
Dakota Gasification wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, or who needs other assistance or accommodations, please contact us at 701-223-0441. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed or provide your contact information, and a Basin Electric Human Resources representative will contact you.
- Employee rights under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the law
- Employee Rights under the National Labor Relations Act
- Employee Rights Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- We participate in E-Verify
- Employment rights under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Employee rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- ND Minimum Wage & Work Conditions Summary
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the law Poster Supplement
- Job Safety and Health - OSHA 3165
- Am I a protected veteran?
- If you have the right to work Poster
- If you have the right to work Poster - Spanish
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
North Dakota law "prohibit[s] smoking, including the use of electronic smoking devices, in public places and most places of employment in the state, including certain outdoor areas." Basin Electric has had and will continue to have the following policy in place for Headquarters: "The Cooperative buildings are smoke-free. Smoking is permitted outside in designated areas only. The Cooperative supports a safe and healthy working environment and encourages all employees to maintain a healthy lifestyle." Where smoking is permitted, the law prohibits smoking within 20 feet of entrance."