Dakota Gasification Company's nitrogen is a product processed from our air separation unit. Nitrogen is a colorless, odorless, tasteless, nontoxic and nearly inert gas, and is colorless as a liquid. Nitrogen is nonflammable and will not support combustion.
- Dakota Gas produces up to 300,000 gallons annually.
- Liquid nitrogen is a non-hydrocarbon inert gas used for a variety of functions in the drilling, work over, and completion phases of oil and gas wells, as well as in pigging and purging pipelines.
- Liquid nitrogen can be used to help prevent flammable gases from igniting and prevent down hole corrosion.
- Liquid nitrogen is used in the cryopreservation of blood, reproductive cells, and other biological samples and materials.
- Liquid nitrogen can be used to freeze ice cream and frozen yogurt. Sub Zero Ice Cream & Yogurt explains on their website.